Funded through the Environmental Protection Agency’s 319 Program ($221,012.72)
PCC received funding to implement the recommendations made in its report funded by the Clean Water Management Trust Fund to manage stormwater issues in the Loves Creek watershed. The project objectives include:
- Construct 10 residential rain gardens
- Construct 1800 linear feet of roadside rain gardens in public right-a-ways
- Establish 250 linear feet of vegetated buffer in residential-urban area
- Plant 25-50 trees on residential parcels to abate stormwater runoff
- Facilitate yearly volunteer stream clean-ups
- Outreach & Education; rain garden workshops (English & Spanish); translate material into Spanish, BMP/SCM tour for residents & local government.